It’s been while since I posted about any of my runs. After all this is a running blog, darn it!
Truth be told, my runs have been few and far between. In the last two weeks, I’ve ran a total of 3 times. I’m not proud of that fact, but I can pile on the excuses.
- My foot took a long time to recover.
- When I do run, my sad 3 mile runs are pathetic. I am so out of shape from my lack of running. When I do run, it’s a chore and my times are just sad.
- With the highs reaching 90 degrees, it’s too bloody hot to run.
- There’s a love bug invasion at the moment and they skeeve me.
- There have been several controlled fires in the area due to the droughts and the smoke is getting to my asthma.
- I suck.
When I heard that the forecast in NYC predicted rain all weekend, I didn’t bother to pack my running shoes. More than that, I knew I wouldn’t have the time to run during our short weekend trip. But when we walked through Central Park and I spotted all the runners, I longed to join them.
While moping over all the NYC runners in Central Park, I happened to notice their calf muscles. They have the most AMZAING muscle definition in their legs! I was so jealous! So, I’ve decided when I can motivate my fat lazy ass self to really run again, I need to add hill and trail runs to my training to build myself some Big Apple legs. That doesn’t sound too appealing, though. Maybe I should call them NYC legs?