Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve received two amazing recognitions which I feel entitles me to toot my own horn.
First, Run DMT was featured as one of the Best Running Blogs in the Blogosphere by Broken Hearted Runner (@Jake Rosen). With big ol’ preggo belly popping daily, my running or the more accurate term wogging (walking + jogging) days are few and far between. Unfortunately, that leaves little to write about it. But yes, I am in deed still attempting to wog even though it’s getting harder and harder every day. It’s just nice to know that others still appreciate the content here at Run DMT whether I’m blogging about my wogging or my family life.
Secondly, Alex of Ma, What’s 4 Dinner slapped me with the Honest Scrap Award. Boy, if only she knew how appropriate this title is for me! I am way too honest and scrappy for my own good and sometimes the honesty borders on the side of TMI. But if this award refers to scrapbooking, then Lord help us because the only sort of embellishment I know is exaggerating which is a rare occurrence for an honest mama like me.
I stumbled upon Alex through SITS Saturday Sharefest which epitomizes the idea of blogging support. Thanks to this comment fest every Saturday hosted by Secret in the Sauce (SITS) , Alex and I began regularly visiting each other’s blogs. I just love her simple, tasty recipes for busy moms.
Now, according to the “rules” of this award, I must list ten honest things about myself. Hmmmm….This could be a little tricky since I already listed 100 things about myself. But here it goes nothing ten totally new things about me!
1. In case you didn’t know, I’m pregnant with Run DMT Baby #3 and it’s a boy, our first boy. We have a first named picked, but we’re still working on his middle name. All will be revealed when little Run DMT #3 arrives this July.
2. I have been craving sushi for months but I won’t chance eating any, not even a Mexican roll which isn’t even real sushi.
3. I worry every day about all the weight I have gained this pregnancy (26 lbs so far) even though I know when I start really running hard again, it will all melt away again and hopefully not take two years to come off like it did with babies #1 and #2.
4. I am not a crier, but my hormones have been RIDICULOUS throughout this pregnancy. I cried when I accidentally shrunk my favorite maternity shorts last week. (See #3 to understand my pain.)
5. I turn the big 4-0 next year and I’m planning a couple’s trip to New Orleans to commemorate the milestone.
6. I have been watching Parenthood and love it. I find all the characters so endearing. Every week, I laugh and cry which could be a result of #4. I secretly wish they existed in real life so I could hang out with them and have a beer with them.
7. I am a reformed pack rat. The FlyLady saved my life. Over the past few years, I have discovered decluttering to be so liberating.
8. For my next marathon, I am considering running in the Space Coast Marathon in November 2011.
9. I often make pop culture references and quote lines from TV shows and movies even though others may not get the reference. I think I’m pretty dang funny.
10. I honestly and truly love my life and every person who plays a role in it (my husband, my children, my extended family, my friends, etc.). I feel so blessed.
And now I must pass this award along to ten others.
Proudly submitted at