I am forty years old.
And I have:
- Ran 53.6 miles in races before turning 40 on July 27.
- Ran 2 marathons in the past 4 years and I will run my third marathon (Space Coast Marathon) Thanksgiving weekend.
- Participated in 30 races since I started running 4 years ago.
- SCUBA dived to depths of 114 feet.
- Fed a stingray while SCUBA diving.
- Watched the sun rise and set in the same day.
- Camped in a tent many times and I love it. (Thanks to our friends, Erika and John.)
- Visited the Grand Canyon and camped there.
- Camped overnight for U2 concert tickets.
- Ice skated in Central Park.
- Been in a fist fight.
- Visited Hawaii.
- Seen President Obama in the flesh.
- Eaten escargot and ostrich, which were very tasty but probably the two most bizarre foods I have ever eaten.
- Taken a road trip with my college girlfriends from the Florida Keys to NYC.
- Stood outside the Today Show and appeared on TV…twice, but really three times, thanks to scoring some Late Night with Jimmy Fallon tickets.
- Appeared in the newspaper on several ocassions: as a teacher many times, once to speak on behalf of my moms group’s charity event for Alex’s Lemonade Stand and another time for a town hall meeting with TECO but that was not attractive. (So wish I could find that photo!)
- Watched a friend die from AIDS.
- Given money, clothes and/or food to the homeless while waiting at a stoplight.
- Volunteered at a local food bank, Metropolitan Ministries.
- Cried tears of joy when I met my babies for the first time.
- Fallen madly in love with some guy I met in a bar in Ybor City on Guavaween night sixteen years ago this Saturday. And then I married him.